Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 is a foldable smartphone developed by Samsung Electronics for its Samsung Galaxy Z series. It was announced on August 5th, 2020 alongside Samsung Galaxy Tab S7, Samsung Galaxy Note 20, The Galaxy Buds Live, and the Galaxy Watch 3.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 price an availability detail later reveled on the 1st of September. The original Galaxy Fold was a concept wit terrible execution, besieged by problems, and pitfalls at nearly every turn.
However, this is not just a foldable phone, it’s a movement waiting to begin. It’s not a phone for everyone – its $2,000 (£1,799, AU$2,999) price puts it out of range for many.
Galaxy Z Fold 2 was redesigned after review models broke in multiple ways, causing the brand to lose distribution partners, drop color options, and deliver the foldable device four months late.
Brand: Samsung Galaxy
Manufacturer: Samsung Electronics
Series: Samsung Galaxy Z series
Compatible networks: 2G, 3G, 4G, 4G LTE, and 5G
Predecessor: Samsung Galaxy Fold
Related: Samsung Galaxy S20, Samsung Galaxy Note 20, and Samsung Galaxy Z Flip
Type: Foldable phablet
Mass: 282 g (9.9 oz)
Operating system: Android 10 with One UI 2.5
Improvements to the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2
- Premium look and feel
- The hinge mechanism is sturdy and smooth as you open and close the device
- No gaps between the screen and body
- The 6.2-inch external screen takes up most of the exterior footprint
- The ultrathin glass on the inner screen instead of plastic adhesive alone
- Support for 120Hz refresh rate, in the inner screen
- No notch on the 7.2-inch interior display
- Apps seamlessly switch between inner and outer displays
- The best of all the improvements is saving app pair, which launches two apps automatically in a split-screen layout.
Specifications of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2
- Unfolded: 159.2 mm (6.27 in) H, 128.2 mm (5.05 in) W, and 6.9 mm (0.27 in) D
- Folded: 159.2 mm (6.27 in) H, 68 mm (2.7 in) W, and 16.8 mm (0.66 in) D
Display and hardware
- 7.6-inch display, 2208 x 1768 pixels
- 6.2-inch external display, 2260 x 816 pixels
- Qualcomm SD865+, 12GB RAM, 256GB storage
Triple rear camera
- Main: 12MP, 1.8µm, f/1.8 OIS
- Ultra-wide: 12MP, 1.12µm, f/2.2
- Telephoto: 12MP, 1.0µm, f/2.4
Punch hole cover camera
- 10MP, 1.22µm, f/2.2
Punch hole front camera
- 10MP, 1.22µm, f/2.2
- Refined hinge design
- Mystic Bronze and Mystic Black colors
- Customizable hinge colors: Metallic Silver, Metallic Red, Metallic Blue, Metallic Gold
- 159.2 x 128.2 x 13.8-16.8mm
Availability and Price
It was made official on the 5th of August 2020, and fully reveal on the 1st of September. Pre-orders started on the 1st of September, and it’s available for $1,999.99 in the US.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?