Some people have made the mistakes of deactivating their accounts for no special reason instead of figuring out the solution to the problem, while some don’t know how to deactivate Facebook account.
Facebook has a lot of setting, and deactivating your Facebook account simply means that you`re hiding your information on Facebook, no one will be able to contact you on Facebook anymore or view the things you`ve shared before, including your status updates, timeline information, photos, and others. Facebook is a service that does a lot and everyone deserves to be part and enjoy the benefits.
If you want to deactivate your Facebook account or you have already done that, the good news is that you can always retrieve or reactivate it anytime. Solve the issues with the account instead of deleting and creating a new one. Well, if you decide you want it deactivated for a good reason, take the following steps below.
Ways to keep your Facebook account safe and secure so you don’t have to deactivate Facebook account:
#1 – Protect your password
Using different devices to log in to your Facebook account or sharing your account details with other people is a new way of allowing any access to your Facebook account. Your password should even be hard to guess. Do not forward emails from Facebook to other people, since they may have sensitive information about your account.
#2 – Using another device to log in
#3 – Do not accept friend requests from people you don’t know
We all fall victim for this, but this is so important because some online scammers may create fake accounts to friend people and this will give them access to spam your timeline, tag you in posts and send you malicious messages.
#4 – Be careful of clicking on suspicious links
Do not click on any link you see, be careful, and understand how website addresses and good links works. You can even report a suspicious link on Facebook.
How to Deactivate Facebook Account
- Log in to your Facebook account, go to your profile, click on the drop-down arrow on the toolbar and then select Settings.
- A dialog Settings page appears. Click on General (left area) and then tap on Manage Account
- Select Deactivate your account and provide a reason why you`re deactivating the account (this will allow them to improve on that area of service if genuine) and then tap Deactivate.
- Next, tap Deactivate Now. You will get a pop up informing you that your account is now deactivated and another option to reactivate your account.
- To reactivate your account, simply sign-in to your Facebook with your old account details and follow the easy steps.
NEXT – Facebook Avatar Maker
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?